"Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you." - 2 Timothy 1:13-14
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of Mary, a virgin, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and therefore incurred not only physical death, but also the spiritual death which is separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and in the case of those who reach the age of moral responsibility, are sinners in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe on Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in "that Blessed Hope" -- the personal, premillennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe that the Body of Christ consists of all born-again believers, and that the local assembly should be made up of believers gathered together for fellowship, work and worship.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, and everlasting punishment of the lost.
- We believe that the scriptural ordinances of the church are Baptism and the Lord's Supper; that baptism should be administered to believers only as a symbol of their belief in the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and as a testimony to the world of that belief and of their death, burial and resurrection with Him; that the Lord's Supper should be partaken of by believers only to show forth His death, 'til He come.
- We believe in the security of the saints and in the keeping power of Christ through His present position as our Advocate, and in the judgment of all believers according to their works whether they be good or bad.