"But in case I am delayed, I write so that you will know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth." - 1 Timothy 3:15
Welcome to Central Bible Church!
We are so glad that you have come to "visit" with us online. CBC is an elder-led independent Bible church located in the heart of Kalispell, Montana. We believe that the Bible is God's inspired, inerrant, and totally sufficient revelation of Himself and that through it, we can truly come to know Him. So our ministry revolves around growing in relationship with Him through His Word. We also believe that His Word calls believers to live in fellowship with one another and to reach out to the lost through the good news of Jesus Christ.
We summarize this mission like this:
Here's a little about what we mean by that.
John 1:1 calls Christ, God the Son, the Word because He reveals God to creation. Through Him, we can understand what God is like, even more, who He is, and we can enjoy a right relationship with Him. That’s true today, even though Jesus doesn’t live on earth right now because He left us with a witness to Himself: His Word, the Bible. 2 Tim 3:16-17 tells us that the Bible is God’s Word and able to work in us so that we can be everything we need to be before the Lord.
1 Tim 3:15 tells us that the church is “the pillar and support of the truth” which is God’s Word. So we strive to proclaim that truth to all who will listen and to live it out in every aspect of our lives. In light of this, we believe that:
- Christ and His Word are the central message of the church. 1 Tim 3:15 says that the church is “the pillar and support of the truth. So we proclaim that truth both to the church and to the lost as Paul summarized his ministry, “Him we proclaim” (Col 1:28).
- Christ and His Word are central to all that we are and do. The church finds its identity and sufficiency in its relationship with Christ; everything we are and do finds its basis in that. In Christ, the head of the body, the whole body being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love (Eph 4:15-16).
- Christ and His Word are central to our message to the lost. The Bible calls us to be a testimony of God's grace through our lives (Col 4:4-5; 1 Pet 2:12), but any amount of testimony falls short apart from the verbal proclamation of the good news of Jesus Christ (Rom 10:8-15).
1 Tim 3:15 also tells us that the church is "the household of God." This means that God intends us to live together in fellowship with one another growing individually and as a family. Eph 2:19-22 gives us some insight into that household, and there we see that this growth happens through God's Word which causes us to grow as individual believers but also to grow together and out in the church. In light of this, we believe:
- Christ and His Word are central for individual life today. Even though He lived and we received His word thousands of years ago, He and His Word remain sufficient for every aspect of life. Jesus said that He came to give us abundant life (Jn 10:10), and that promise remains today. First, He’s provided eternal life as a free gift through His death and resurrection (Rom 6:23). He has also provided everything we need for life and godliness through a relationship with Him (2 Pet 1:3). We learn about all of this through His word, the Bible, which is sufficient to instruct and change us in every facet of life (2 Tim 3:16-17).
- Christ and His Word are central for corporate life today. Our relationship with Christ leads us into fellowship with others who enjoy relationship with Him (1 John 1:3, 7). Jesus told His disciples that the world would know that they were His by their love for one another (John 13:34-35), and as we grow individually through the ministry of God's Word, we are "fitted together" into a temple building in the church (Eph 2:21).
- Christ and His Word are central for outreaching life today. As the gospel goes forth from the church, those who believe unto salvation are also added to the church (Eph 2:22) so that this household continues to grow through the ministry of God's Word.
This is clearly a multifaceted ministry with lots going on, so please take some time to explore our web site to become familiar with the ministries here at CBC. Better yet, give us a call or stop on by, and we hope you'll see our beliefs in action!